My Dear Parishioners,
This past week, on Tuesday, we had an incident in which school was canceled, there was a level 2 snow emergency, and our parking lot was not cleared in time for morning Mass. Certainly this is very concerning. The State of Ohio defines a level 2 snow emergency as "Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be very icy. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roads. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work. Motorists should use extreme caution."
Effective immediately I have made the decision to automatically cancel confessions and publicly celebrated Mass in the event that Bellevue City Schools and/or ICS are closed or are under a 2-hour delay. I will still celebrate Mass privately at some point on the given day in order to fulfill the Mass intention(s). Weekend Masses will still be celebrated publicly in the event of a level 2 snow emergency in any of our 4 counties, but will be canceled in the event of a level 3 snow emergency in any of our 4 counties (please note that this is already the policy in the Diocese of Toledo).
I have made this decision in the interest of safety also noting that the Sorrowful Mother Shrine has had a policy in place for some time in which their confessions and Mass are canceled in the event of a level 2 snow emergency. Mass is absolutely important- it's where heaven meets earth -but our Lord certainly understands that we cannot put our lives and safety in jeopardy. Thank you for your understanding!
Immaculate Mary, pray for us!