Columbia County Center
PCC OMIC Training Center
Find a career in a growing field
Ready to upgrade from a job to a long-term career? Consider training offered at the PCC OMIC Training Center in Scapoose, including:
- Apprenticeships and Trades
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- CADD 136: Intermediate AutoCAD
- CADD 175: SolidWorks Fundamentals
- Machine Manufacturing Technician Career Pathway
- Welding Technology Career Pathways
- See current credit classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center
- Adult Basic Education and GED®
- Mechatronics training programs
- See current non-credit and Community Education classes at the PCC OMIC Training Center
About PCC OMIC Training Center
The OMIC Training Center is part of the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center initiative, which brings together industry, academia, and government to address the problems facing Oregon manufacturers through a combination of applied research and development and workforce training. The unique collaborative model supports the development of innovative technologies, processes, and materials, as well as the skilled workforce needed to fill high-demand advanced manufacturing jobs.
The Training Center will offer a variety of manufacturing-related training programs ranging from traditional career and technical education training to apprenticeship models that combine on-the-job training with classroom and lab instruction. With an emphasis on craftsmanship, professionalism, and placing graduates into high-demand manufacturing jobs, students can complete an apprenticeship program and/or an associate’s degree or certificate leading to an advanced degree.
- Patty Hawkins, PCC OMIC Director
- Rand Brown, PCC OMIC Industry Outreach and Training Coordinator
- Michelle Liccardo, Student Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
- Shawna Bechtel, Lead Administrative Assistant
- David Poole, Student Success and Career Coach
- Sarah Burns, Fab Lab Coordinator
For updates on the OMIC Training Center and other PCC activity in Columbia County, sign up for the Columbia County Connection Newsletter.
You can also follow the OMIC Training Center on LinkedIn.
- NAYA Tours College's Manufacturing Hub
- June 14, 2023
- Two dozen youth toured PCC's advanced manufacturing center in Columbia County as part of the college's effort to reach out to underserved populations
- High Five: PCC Impresses U.S. Commerce Secretary
- April 6, 2023
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo along with Ron Wyden, Suzanne Bonamici and Governor Tina Kotek hosted a public roundtable at PCC's Willow Creek Center to discuss the semiconductor industry
- PCC’s Advanced Manufacturing Focus Pays Off
- January 12, 2023
- Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici champions $910,000 for PCC’s semiconductor and advanced manufacturing workforce training
- View more OMIC news...